I had started to post a reply earlier, but figured every point I had planned to make someone else could probably do a better job at it. Mule Deer stepped up to the plate and made most of them in a more clear and concise manner than I could have done.

But there was still something that I believe is true that I'd like to state. While they have had some definite missteps over the years I think a lot of it boils down to one thing: They do not find the handloading market a priority for their business. And I think the attitude has become mutual. Handloaders don't find supporting their handloading business a priority.

Many posts here and at others sites claim that after speaking with a Speer/ATK rep. they have been told that they are focusing their resources on loaded ammunition. This shows in their distribution channels. Speer bullets get noticeably smaller amounts of shelf space around here, and the space they do have rarely gets restocked. You can't support a company with your business if they don't supply the product. You find substitutes and move on...

I'm sure they make more money in loaded ammunition than in selling components. So it is at least making them more money in the short term. Is it an attitude that could come back to bite them in the longer term? Who knows?

“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
― Patrick Rothfuss, The Wise Man's Fear