I have to admitI've used a lot more Sierras than anything else. Mostly because back in 1954 when I started reloading, Sierra's were cheaper than Speer or Hornady, probably because they were made in Southern California back then and shipping was probably less. Even after I left California I was used to Sierras and how they worked so never much bothered with the other brands. Hunted most deer and not much else, not counting jackrabbits and the like. whistle Bought a rifle that I got quite cheaply because the previous owner said it was inaccurate and he couldn't get it to shoot anything. I figured if I could find a load that would do 1.5" or less consistently I'd keep it. I tried all kinds of powder and bullets appropriate to the .308 Win. and then some powders not so appropriate. One finally worked, a 165 gr. Speer Hot Core over a stiff load of W760. Only did 2550 FPS from the rifle's 18.5" barrel but I got my 1.5" or less consistently and deer from about 30 feet away to out at 250 yards died very conveniently. cool Worked up a load with the 200 gr. Hot Core for my Roger #1B in 300 Win, Mag. that also worked in a Winchester M70. Dropped a cow elk at 530 lasered yards with that load. Been playing with some 150 gr. Grand Slams looking for loads for the 7x57 and .280 Rem. and have a couple hundred 250 gr. Grand Slams for my .35 Whelen to play with. Too many loads to work up and not enough time to do it. frown
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE