Originally Posted by gophergunner

I have to ask, and I promise that this is no slight against crossbows. Is there a reason that you need to use a crossbow, rather than a compound? In my experience, the sound of a crossbow makes them less effective than compounds. If I had to use a crossbow, I would get the quietest one out there and do everything I could to make it quieter.
I saw this query, and thought I'd respond, as I've been following this thread with interest too. In my case, I had Congestive Heart Failure a couple years ago and they put a pacemaker/defibrillator in my upper left shoulder. I can't draw a bow any more, as per the dr's orders. In Minnesota, you have to get a certificate of medical necessity to use a crossbow, and I'll have the dr. fill one out for me so I can crossbow hunt this fall. I haven't bought a bow yet, but am looking at models that offer an optional hand cranking device, as I'll need that to load the bow. [/quote]

Jeff,

I have an Excaliber and I really like it. It's simple and bullet proof. VERY fast. Very acccurate. You may not need the crank cocker. You're welcome to shoot it if you'd like.