Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by TomA
Well I know a sure fire way to make everyone happy. If you believe that a deer standing at 20 yards is going to jump the string because of the noise the xbow is going to make then aim low. Kind of like aiming where you don't want to hit. Problem solved.

Good advice.

I kinda figured this was common knowledge among bowhunters.

But it does not solve all the issues, they will not only duck but they will whirl also.

Have friend that shot at one, not all that far away, and the deer turned 180 by the time the arrow hit it. No big deal as he got lucky.

I have no clue if the deer was relaxed or what, as I was not sitting there and I tend not to totally believe every one all the time, as we've all made bad decisions and this was his first 10 point ever.... but the shot was not 20 steps, probalby 18 as I recall, there were trees there that started at 19 steps at that stand....

I'll stick with fixed heads, just too many issues over the years wth mechanicals. And fixed work so good. Fly so true. And if they are not accurate enough for ya, I suspect you and the bow both need work or are shooting to far.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....