Originally Posted by Crow hunter
Originally Posted by FlyboyFlem
Sorry but not drinking the F-35 koolaid especially in ground attack mode.

I have no F-35 koolaid to peddle, I already said I know very little about it. The last briefing I had on it was in 1997 when it was still called the JSF (joint strike fighter) program and they hadn't decided between the boeing version and the lockheed version.

I'm just pointing out that an article written by a bunch of left wing hacks on an anti-military blog is likely not a reliable source upon which to hang your hat. There may or may not be any credible science behind global warming but I know for sure that when Al Gore starts pitching it I automatically dismiss it as BS because there's a political agenda behind it. It's the same with this, the source isn't credible so the story is suspect.

Certainly no disrespect intended just how an old dinosaur like me that used to be in the CAS business see's it. I would add since living so close to an AF community comprised of active and retired individuals I can honestly say I've yet to get any positive feedback. Most say the treasure expended on this program would have been better suited for F-15E procurement or variant upgrades and extending the life of A-10's for CAS since both are battle proven air frames.

We're slowly hanging ourselves with costly technology which translates to reduced overall tail numbers. One day this may prove to be fatal as high tech can easily be overwhelmed by shear numbers in most case scenarios.

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody