Originally Posted by bcraig
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
Mine of course!

T3 Lite 20"s with 2.5-10 compact nightforce.

[Linked Image]

Hi,do you find it appreciably worth it in carrying qualities to cut it to 20 inches?
Given it to do over again would you cut the barrel to 20 inches ?
Did you chrono it before and after ?

Thanks
Craig

Craig.

I did not chrono it before and after. I have carried standard 22" sporters a fair amount to be familiar with their chracteristics. That said, when I was envisioning my perfect "all around" rifle, a 20" .308 was what always came to mind.

Depending on your terrain/hunting style, the shorter barrel may be of little value to you, or it may prove ideal for swinging around inside pickup cabs, working your way through under brush, whatever.

I hunt a mix of very open, typical western terrain, and dark northside timber. I probably could do just as well with a 22", but am very happy with the balance, handling and shooting characteristics of the 20".

Would I do it again? Absolutely.

In fact I just bought another T3 Lite .308. This one will be presented to my soon to be 13 year old daughter next month, for her first hunting rifle. It will be cut to 20"s as well, though I intend to put a brake on it for her, for recoil control, due to her scrawny frame. Adding a shortened stock, I think it will be ideal for her.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com