Just an FYI on the pricing I have found for a stainless all weather rifle.

In So Oregon the Kimber Montana is running $1250.00 and must be ordered. Hopefully, they are making them or have one, if not / you will wait. Remington SPS $750.00 and can be found caliber lottery is your only drawback. I am looking at Winchesters today.

My buddy just picked up a Remington model 700 XCR II. I have to admit it is a nice combination for the money. Great trigger, good factory stock I could live with if I had to, TriNyte coated, and very accurate. I was impressed by the accuracy just setting up the scope.

He is in under a thousand with a VX-II scope and ready to hunt anything reasonable in the lower 48.

I would have to say that the Ruger - set up the sameway - for the money spent - would be a real close second. If a guy is not wanting something special and just wants to get it done, I feel you could not go wrong with and Tikka, Ruger, The 700, or the EX Winchester.

I would comment that the two most accurate I have seen have been the Tikka and the Remingtons without messing with them. And I shoot a Winchester EW - Go figure...............

"A .358 Norma Mag is not for everyone but then again Bear hunting isn't either."

Unknown Bear guide on the Kodiak coast