Originally Posted by VaHillbilly
A buddy of mine bought a new Montana 7mm.08 that shot 4 MOA and had feeding issues so he sent it back to Kimber, 4 months later he got his rifle back and the feeding issue was resolved but it still shot 4" groups @100 yds so he took it to a gun show and unloaded it......My own Kimber Model 84 in .308 Win functioned fine and shot 1 MOA with factory ammo.....So I most certainly do believe in "Kimber roulette"........Hb

My Montana 7-08 was shooting 4" groups outta the gate. A little extra barrel float back at the shank made a world of difference...

Before:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

After:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[img]http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums...D-4CD3-A11B-15FE8DC34EF6_zpsnxxce7z9.png[/img]

Etc.

Etc.

Etc.

Sometimes a little bit of effort and time can be well worth it, to end up with a rifle that is 6 lbs scoped and ready, shoots 3-shot groups under 0.75 MOA with many different bullets and loads, has an excellent stock and trigger, CRF, all SS construction, etc, etc, and you guys in the US can get all that for ~$1000 and possibly a few minutes of elbow grease, if you look around.