Originally Posted by rl11
I've long coveted an 84m, and figured 'kimber roulette' was just a few unhappy, picky curmudgeons. I saved up my pennies and after perusing all the online outlets found the classic select that had walnut that met my standards, and ordered it.

[Linked Image]

First impression was great. What a well designed, balanced, and aesthetically pleasing rifle.

I loaded the magazine and started jacking rounds through. Huge gouge in each brass. Sticking my pinky in I could feel a burr the size of a Volkswagen on the feed rail. Whatever. Annoying, but not a deal breaker.

I took the gun in to my smith to have the rail polished. He stuck his flashlight in the chamber and found this-

[Linked Image]

I have no idea what happened, but it's mind blowing to me that the chamber on a $1300 rifle can look like that.

Customer service was somewhat helpful, my rifle is back in Yonkers, and I've got a hunt in Alaska next month that I'll be taking my Ruger on.

I'm sure the vast majority of their rifles perform as they should, but obviously from my sample they've got some serious quality control issues.

Good Luck! Here is a Kimber chamber thst is (within Kimber specs per Sergio)
[img:center]http://[Linked Image][/img]