The_Yetti,

Originally Posted By Ringman
A Weatherby could handle that same pressure.

That statement is based on what? Who knows how high the pressure was that caused it, if it was a pressure issue?

Or is this just coming out of your third point of contact?

Like so many here and everywhere I occasionally appeal to one of my favorite information sources: Ignorant prejudice. Who needs facts?

But the thought came from me reading P.O.Ackley's test of the new at the time Mark V. He ran loads up to destruction in a Mouser action. He fired the same load in a Mark V and the action was still okay. He tried it again in another Mouser till it destroyed the action and again fired the same load in the Mark V. Again the Mark V was fine.

I must admit I am prejudice against Kimber. A few years ago I and the owner of Fox's Firearms in Grants Pass did some shooting for John Lachuk for an article. It was a Kimber .22 rimfire single shot that sold for about $1,200. It had a Leupold 36X with a 1/8" dot. We fired lots of groups from several boxes of ammo, including Elie and other high dollar stuff. The five shot groups ran from about 1 3/8" to 1 3/4" at fifty yards. I told John I could beat that with my 10/22 and and demonstrated it. Most of my groups were under 3/4".

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter