Originally Posted by alaska_lanche
I am easier to please than most in what I expect out of my rifles. I just wanted the lightest gun I could buy for around $1K that was stainless and could shoot 1.5" groups at 100 yards.

Kimber was easily the best option and haven't been bit yet. Yup it will never likely be shooting .5" groups ever (both due to the rifle and me). But for the ranges I shoot from on my hunts heck even a 2 MOA rifle at 300 yards is only 3" off center and still in the kill zone so I am more than good with my 1-1.5" groups.

Sure I'll get a fluke group that is between .5"-.75" but that isn't every time and don't need it to be. I just wanted the lightest gun to haul up the mountain that I could afford and still get it done simple as that.

If you are looking for extreme accuracy then my first advice would to not start with a rifle that starts out at 5 pounds or less. smile Not saying you can't get it at all, just saying I don't need extreme accuracy to shoot basketballs at 300 yards....

Real world perfect. Kimbers are not BR rifles, but carry around rifles. Those that think they are other than a good in the hand rifle and expect them to consistently shoot 0.5 or better are missing the role they play.

Melvin Forbes Nula's are extremely accurate for their weight, but he has mentioned their primary function is to be shot in the hand and in the field. They are hunting rifles first.

Last edited by battue; 07/26/15.

laissez les bons temps rouler