Originally Posted by Ray
Originally Posted by ingwe
Nope. If I can't kill it with the rifle I'm carrying, the pistol aint gonna be able to do it.

On the few occasions when Ive had to finish off a critter, a shot behind the ear with the rifle wastes no meat, and that cartridge is a tiny fraction of the weight of a sidearm to carry up the hill....

Perhaps I was not very clear on this thread. I should have asked if you carry a sidearm as backup. For example, in a life and death situation while hunting and not being able to use your rifle at the moment.

Dude I have hunted in bunches of places including Alaska and Africa, and hunted dangerous game...my rifle was always the first line of defense with no thought given to a sidearm. If I was unable to use my rifle in such a situation...I'll just perish I guess. That situation has obviously never cropped up and frankly I never expected that it would...

Though I did finish pissed off wounded leopard once by sticking a rusty-azzed Taurus .38 special in his ear...... whistle

The gun was borrowed from somebody else and the quarters were too tight even to get me and my sawed off shotgun in there...

" If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with!" grin

Last edited by ingwe; 07/18/15.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe