Originally Posted by 8mmRem
I have owned a .475 linebauge 454 causall, 475 something or other, 50ae Desert Eagle, 44 grizzly, .445 Dan Wesson, 480 Ruger as back up guns for hunting. Unless I was fishing or just leaving camp for a nature call they all were camp guns just to heavy and bulky to pack. I have finally settled on a Glock 10mm. It is light enough I actually carry it, 16 rounds of which I can get off more than one controlled shot.Is it ideal no but it's the. Compromise I've chosen.
Same conclusion my wife came to with the 10mm.

Even though we have a 329PD thats a joy to carry, its a bear, pardon the pun, on the 2nd and further shots with heavy ammo. Was reading up some more on Elmer though, maybe we needed to keep heavy hard bullets but back the power factor down some on the 44. But 16 rounds of 10mm ain't to sneeze at. And she blew some good sized holes in an abandoned target toyotas chrome bumper one evening practicing...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....