Originally Posted by smallfry
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Me too, but only one. My "reverse taper" physique makes it hard to keep my pants up with more weight than that. I did revert to my 4" L frame the other day when I went to check on my deerstands. The extra weight compared to my usual J frame was barely noticed due to the good quality holster.

You need a dedicated gun belt not looped through your pants or a chest rig.

Suspenders work very well and my "German Wool Pants" from Cabelas have buttons for proper suspenders, not those crappy clip-ons. For other pants, I have a pair of Dickies braces that clip under the belt and don't damage the waistband. They occasionally slip off, though and the sliders slip after a while.

A Tanker holster for the L frame is on my long list of stuff to get someday when I stop buying so many guns. I would need a pretty large harness if I wanted it to go over my hunting coat. We can, with a CCW permit, carry concealed while hunting or fishing on State land and carry a legal hunting handgun openly with a Small Arms stamp on a hunting license. Like most places, the handgun has to either be concealed or clearly visible, not somewhere in the middle.

What fresh Hell is this?