Originally Posted by Daveinjax
The fact that there are officers here who defend the the arresting officer is disturbing. Just because you can doesn't mean you should. There was nothing professional about his actions. The fact that another here is talking about high volume traffic stops as fishing expeditions is also a huge problem. If I haven't committed an infraction worth writing you have no business stopping me. Until police departments and local municipalities are stopped from self funding through tickets and seizures we will continue to have corruption in our law enforcement. Another big problem is steroid use. I can't tell you how many pimpled up pie faced steroid monsters I see wearing a badge and a gun. Steroid rage and obnoxious citizens are a recipe for out of control police officers.

get disturbed then.

So now we have equated this guy to steroid use by cops, and revenue generation, even though he was only issuing warnings.

The cop was making a patrol presence, pulling people over for infractions as outlined by the traffic code, and yes, looking for PC on something more substantial - maybe a drug bust, or perhaps a couple more extremists heading to the recruiting center.

And letting people off with a warning - how the hell does that do anything other than people know cops are out there? Sure isn't making any money. Hell the first stop he even told the person in that car to get their father to email him proof of insurance since they didn't have it - should have been another ticket $cha-ching$.

I am sorry you guys think he shouldn't have decided that lady needed to go to jail.

I think they should avoid people from now on, so that they don't need to make these choices.