Originally Posted by Clarkm
Originally Posted by butchlambert1

So I take my rifle apart and reassemble it and it will turn into a shooter.

Probably not. The NRA/US Army "gauging bullet tilt" article by A. A. ABBATIELLO 50 years ago has a math derivation for bent ammo that stands up to testing.

But that is with random rotational orientation insertion of bent ammo. The eccentric chamber is the same rotational orientation shot to shot. So each bullet [with center of mass offset from the center of bore] flings off course in the same direction upon leaving the muzzle. This results in a displaced, but still small group. I have a 7mmRM that finished chambering with 0.005" eccentricity and yet is accurate.

But in a gun culture steeped in superfluous accuracy rituals, chambering a hunting rifle with benchrest techniques is a small non recurring sacrifice.
I do it the way Mike Bryant had on his web site.

Just got an email from Mike about 10 minutes ago. We were discussing lathe accidents that we have had. Also discussing a software and minor rewiring inorder that you can set your DRO to instantly stop(less than .002) your spindle. A buddy is doing it and he sent me a youtube and it works great. How would you like to turn or thread to a shoulder and the spindle stop at your programed zero?

Last edited by butchlambert1; 08/15/15.