I was thinking more along the line that most people are content with the factory installed shocks, or Monroe replacements, while other prefer the "tinker" with their ride and prefer the improved handling and feel for the road that Bilsteins or Konis are known for.

Most shooters are content with the factory installed barrels, many of which are capable of all the accuracy that many, as issued, factroy production rifle can hope to achieve. Other shooters prefer to "tinker" with their rifles and seek to reduce the number of potential variables in the shooting game through an after-market barrel that they have more confidence in. Perhaps they are "over thinking" the barrel as a variable, perhaps not.

I have Douglas, Hart, Kreiger, Pac-Nor, Shaw, Shilen, and Wilson after-market barrels. Kind of a bell-curve distribution of outcomes with most falling to the high side of average. Probably the best is a Kreiger light-palma stainless barrel that started at 30" and has been cut back an inch at a time until it is now 25" long. I have total confidence in this barrel's proven record of making small groups.