DRO to instantly stop(less than .002)
I have not written any software for 38 years, but I can think of another way to do that. My lathe's foot brake flips a switch and spreads two brake shoes in a drum on the spindle. I could use a position switch on the ways to turn on a field effect transistor that would drive a linear solenoid that would pull on the foot brake pull bar.

Originally Posted by BobinNH
...set the barrel back and rechambered, lapped lugs,new crown,re-did the bedding,etc etc. The rifle immediately started shooting after that...

First let me say that at the ranges I frequent in the Seattle area with 20 benches firing, my 2 moa groups from a 100 year old lever action will probably be the better than anyone else's group while I am there.

Bart Bobbitt shot a 3.25" 20 shot group at 800 yards in 1997 with his 308 with a Krieger barrel and trued bolt face.

If you are shooting 2 moa, the changing the chamber, lugs, or crown will not make a difference that is detectable or resolvable.

If you are shooting like Bart, then everything is important.

Bedding may not improve things much, but I have seen bad bedding throw things off by 4.5 moa.
In 2002 we built 4 rifles on Mausers actions in 257 Roberts Ackley with Lothar Walther light varmint barrels. Mine averaged 0.5" 5 shots at 100 meters with 75 gr Vmax and 1.0" with HNDY 100 gr. That was good [good for me, not good for Bart], but one of the other rifles shot 5.0". The glass bed job on the bad rifle caused the action or the barrel to bend as the screws were tightened.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps