Originally Posted by Mule Deer
I might be the "Montana guy" who had a 760 .30-06 rebored to .35 Whelen.

Picked it up at the Missoula gun show already rebored by JES. The bore also looked great through my Hawkeye borescope, and it shot as accurately a .35 Whelen needs to shoot for killing big game, around 1" to 1-1/2" for 3 shots at 100 yards.

As I recall the rifle was made in the late 50's.

Thanks John, but I think they might have been referring to the guy that asked the question about 6 months ago about taking a 35 whelen pump gun elk hunting. I think the consensus here said hell yeah, take it!!!! I actually thought it was a cool combination. About a year ago, I almost bought a real nice 760 that had been rebored by JES, but drug my feet too long and someone else snagged it right up. Been kicking myself in the azz since. This rifle I recently purchased will be better for me as it is already a lefty configuration. I'm also thinking about adding a 1" pachmary decelerator to get the LOP right and reduce recoil: Kill 2 birds so to speak...I also figured if I'm going to put a decelerator on it anyway, might as well go with the 9.3. However, if the rifle shoots good as is, I am going to do like Kenneth said and leave the damn thing alone laugh. I love the 30-06 cartridge: Been using it since I was 12...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA