Originally Posted by JSH
My experience of one 760 (which makes me an expert) in 30-06 found it to be pretty accurate-1-1.5 inch groups at 100 off the bench were no problem. The recoil with the original buttplate was pretty stout-much more than any other 30-06 I had experienced then. Dad agreed and it got a Pachmayr right quick. Still gets your attention but a neat rifle anyway that would be handy to carry.

Originally Posted by Whelen Nut
Originally Posted by 4ager
One of these years, I'm going to have to have a 760 synthetic stocked, rebarreled to 9.3x62, with the big magazine, tritium front sight, flip up barrel sight, QD rings with a good scope, and a BUIS receiver sight.

Sounds plenty bad azz, to me! cool

Swap that synthetic stock out for a collapsible and add a Picatinny rail under the barrel for your light and you will have something that puts that Mossberg Tactical Lever Action everyone wants to shame!
grin

JSH, I've always heard the 760's kick pretty hard. I was actually quite surprised that the one I have isn't too bad. Maybe not even as bad as my fwt 30-06..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA