First group fired with the rifle. Not zeroed in at this point:

[Linked Image]

It's nice when a new (to you) rifle shoots sub moa on the first group you fire with it, but 1.339" isn't too bad from a pump gun and 200gr. pills...

Next group fired:
[Linked Image]

Remember, I'm working on loads for this one right now and the bore is still pretty copper fouled.....

Next group:
[Linked Image]

Figured I better check this load again since it shot sub moa on a windy as fu ck day. I re-adjusted the scope to get closer to the orange dot:
[Linked Image]

Wind blew my target stand down once and then it started to sprinkle. I wanted to test the function of the rifle with some off hand shots. 5 shots in about 5 seconds:

[Linked Image]

The slide felt a little gritty compared to my lefty wingmaster, but it worked great. The trigger broke very crisp and cleanly. The LOP is still a hair short, but I figure with hunting jacket on it will be about perfect. I think I am going to leave this one alone: Not even put the recoil pad on it either since it is really a puzzy cat to shoot. I'm liking it quite a bit and think the 200gr. Partition is elk worthy. I'm glad I bought those 400 when they were $13.45/bag. Nothing wrong with these seconds from SPS.. wink ..

I forgot to mention, I did as my buddy RGK suggested and shot 3 shot groups and while I was letting the barrel cool I shot some groups with my 223 rem. I had to test the wind with the little boring rifle. It wasn't shooting as well as it normally does, so I know the wind had an effect on the groups today. Exactly how much? I wont' know until the next time out.

[Linked Image]

Well, I better go and clean the ol girl. More copper to mine... sick

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA