Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Dang whelen nut. You'd think with a name like yours, you would have been telling me to turn it into a 35 Whelen or use the heavies in the 30-06 at least. Now what the hell am I going to do with these good 200gr. bullets??? grin. Most of my shots on elk here, have been sub 100 yards in the timber. I appreciate all of your comments. How do you guys feel about midnight blue cerakoting???? This rifle has a few scratches and a few light spots of rust that will come off pretty easily, but I'd like to have it cerakoted by my local guy that does a hell of a job so it is more weatherized. We get a lot of rain here sometimes during elk season...Here is my 338 win mag that I had cerakoted in midnight blue. I'm thinking about going with the same color on the 760. Is it sacrilege??? :

[Linked Image]

bsa

If those 200's shoot well, use them. That 200gr will certainly do what is necessary to put some elk steaks on your grill.

I still think the Whelen is an outstanding round for elk, moose, and bears but not needed for deer. And I surely wouldn't spend the $$ to rebore your rifle!

WN

Last edited by Whelen Nut; 08/30/15.

'Tis far better to walk alone than to follow a crowd going the wrong way.