Originally Posted by Cowboybart
I'm shopping for a CC gun for my wife. She is going to carry this one on her person, not in a purse. She is 4' 11" and 97 lbs, so this will be a challenge in itself.
She currently has a S & W mdl 10 and a Kel Tec P11. The revolver is difficult to conceal on her body w/o producing a bulge. The Kel Tec 9mm is getting difficult for her to work the action (as we age we lose muscle mass). I am considering a 380 as my fingers are too fat to reload 32 ACP brass.
Ruger and KelTec are high on the list, but what other 380s should I look at? It needs to be light, tiny and easy to operate (both mentally and physically).
Your ideas?
My idea is you need to go bigger and more quality. Any of the 380's are just going to be harder to manipulate due to their size. A larger pistol will give you more to grip to work the slide. There are plenty of autos that are flatter and easier to conceal than old service revolvers. IIRC, Wyoming is a Constitutional Carry state, so if you inadvertently print, it's not a big deal, right? I like the SIG 938 personally. It gives you a much better caliber mainly due to the fact that there are a lot more loads available in the 9 than the 380. It is not much bigger than the 380 but is not hard to manipulate. Very concealable, shootable and easy to manage.