Ya see, this is what happens when you get old!! I went from memory and said she had a S&W M 10. Turns out it is a mdl 36 (5 shot J frame 38 Spl). With her short rib cage and small waist, this gun is hard for her to carry w/o the butt or cylinder sticking out. Yes WY is Constitutional carry, but we are 2 miles from the next state and go there often.
The SP 101 is too heavy for her to carry (but I carry one in the winter), and most other revolvers will have the same problem as the M 36. I'll look into the Glock, SIG, and see what S&W/Taurus is offering. I've handled an LCR in the fun store but have never shot one. After handling it, I opted for the SP 101 for me.
The nearest class would be 75 miles away, and while I don't know if they have a "women only" class, she might be able to fire a few different guns and see what she likes. Then we will have to see if it will fit her body.
One of her friends has a Kahr 9mm and my wife can not operate that slide. I don't know if the 380 is easier or not. My dad has a Tomcat (if that is the blowback 32 ACP from Beretta - again, my memory), while my wife likes the size to carry - the trigger is horrendous!!

Some is Good---More is Better----Too Much is Just Right