Originally Posted by Cowboybart
Ya see, this is what happens when you get old!! I went from memory and said she had a S&W M 10. Turns out it is a mdl 36 (5 shot J frame 38 Spl). With her short rib cage and small waist, this gun is hard for her to carry w/o the butt or cylinder sticking out. Yes WY is Constitutional carry, but we are 2 miles from the next state and go there often.
The SP 101 is too heavy for her to carry (but I carry one in the winter), and most other revolvers will have the same problem as the M 36. I'll look into the Glock, SIG, and see what S&W/Taurus is offering. I've handled an LCR in the fun store but have never shot one. After handling it, I opted for the SP 101 for me.
The nearest class would be 75 miles away, and while I don't know if they have a "women only" class, she might be able to fire a few different guns and see what she likes. Then we will have to see if it will fit her body.
One of her friends has a Kahr 9mm and my wife can not operate that slide. I don't know if the 380 is easier or not. My dad has a Tomcat (if that is the blowback 32 ACP from Beretta - again, my memory), while my wife likes the size to carry - the trigger is horrendous!!
The reason the Tomcat is so often recommended in cases like your wife's is that you need never work the slide, due to the tilt up barrel which allows loading the chamber without working the slide. Pretty innovative.