Originally Posted by ringworm
You don't wash them...
Why would they get nasty?
They wear like dress pants. Hung up when not being worn and hung outside one a month or so.
1. Levi’s CEO Says Don’t Wash Your Jeans
As gross as it may sound, the CEO of Levi Strauss – aka the jean expert of experts – says you shouldn't wash your favorite pair of denim. “We try to educate the consumer…If you talk to real denim aficionados, they’ll tell you don’t wash your blue jeans, just take a sponge or toothbrush,” said Levi’s CEO Chip Bergh at Fortune’s Brainstorm Green conference. “I know it sounds totally disgusting. I know it does, but believe me, it can be done.”

Jeans have been around a long time. Longer than this trend of washing everything worn once.
I don't chit my pants or drop food on my lap and I shower so why would a pair of slacks get nasty.
These are not work pants. Those are my dungarees that remain in the mud room with my boots, hung on a hook.

why would they get nasty? cause your skin constantly puts off oils and sloughs dead skin not to mention everything else in the environment.....granted i dont wash my work pants after a single day of wearing unless something gets on them like black mud, i usually wear one pair a week washed on the weekends. but saying heat chemicals are what deteriorates denim is a no chit statement, so does the UV from you hanging them outside every month, its the same for any fabric. if you can get away with not washing denim for over a year without it getting nasty you must never sweat or not wear them all the time.

only thing unique about denim is the weave and dying process that doesnt dye the whole thread just the outside, there is nothing inherent in it to keep it cleaner than any other cotton garment. it still picks up dirt and skin oils like a cotton t-shirt and doubt your claiming not to wash your shirts regularly, the difference is it doesnt show as bad with dark denim but it is still there...only thing not washing does is slow the fading which i find odd cause part of the "neat thing' about jeans is how they fade due to the dying process.......

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books