Originally Posted by jwall
Originally Posted by TheBlueMountainApe

Whatever dude. You think that other animals can walk between a bullet and a target when fired from slow cartridges. Obviously there's no point in arguing with you.

Arguing ? who was arguing? I was trying to answer your question.

I'll ask (axe) another.

Have you ever seen a deer sag-twist his head/neck and then lick its side or scratch itself? That can happen at just the wrong time and you have a MIS placed shot.

I have and believe me another deer that you haven't seen, can take a step into a bullet's flight at just the wrong time. My main point is faster bullets USE LESS time from muzzle to game. STUFF happens.

Again, I wasn't arguing and AM still discussing.

Jerry

About 12 years ago I was hunting Alabama. There were two bucks in the edge of a wood line about 200 yards out. I settled in on the older, much nicer buck and right as pulled the trigger, the younger buck gigged the older buck in the ham with an antler. The older buck jumped up and out of the wood line and just stood there.

I thought I had missed, and hurriedly racked another round and hit him in the shoulder - dropped him where he stood. Later I realized my first round had hit lower and further back than I thought, catching the bottom of the lungs just behind the heart. That was the the difference in POI from a high shoulder shot as the buck moved as the trigger was pulled. Rifle was a 7mm-08, 140 Ballistic Tip at ~2750fps.

David