Yeah, it is in mine too. Have even used some cup-and-core big game bullets at 3100+ fps with great results on big game at various ranges, in particular the Hornady Interlock and the present generation of Nosler Ballistic Tips. And the all-around quickest-killing bullets I’ve used, at any velocity, have been Berger Hunting VLD’s.

But I agree that monolithics kill quicker when pushed faster. The highest velocity I’ve seen so far was 4300 fps with a 40-grain Cutting Edge Raptor from a .22-250. My wife used that load on a doe pronghorn at about 150 yards, and the kill was instant and spectacular, just like a mule deer buck she shot with a 100-grain TSX, also at around 150 yards, started at 3550 fps from a .257 Weatherby.

But have also seen a number of TSX’s and Tipped TSX’s (as well as other monos) not kill very quickly when started at velocities from 3150 on up. Which is one reason I hadn’t commented on this thread so far: Over the years and several hundred big game animals I find absolute statements about killing power sort of like political promises: Sometimes they work out and sometimes they don’t.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck