Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
Custom rifles are play money, toys. Nice to have, but you're buying one for YOU, nobody else, not even your kids.

I appreciate them, but would only pay a "custom" price if the thing was a laser and I'd just won the lottery or something. A parts gun with custom work on the barrel is about my style.

I have number of custom rifles that were all built by the best well-known gunsmiths in the US.

All of these rifles have Bender, Swarovski and March scopes.

A while back I wanted to sell all of them as one lot.

I tried a few places who said they pay top dollar for collections and they offered less than a 1/3 of the cost me to build them so they all went back in my safe. Lots of tire kickers with big ideas and no money

Even if I sold them for 1/2 the price I had invested in them the buyer could have made a substantial profit.

The scopes alone are well worth over the price they had offered me for the complete lot.

I am seriously contemplating the idea to leave them in my will and give them to the NRA to auction off at one of their yearly events in which they will receive the proceeds as I have no family members that I would want to leave them to.

All I can say is they are great for personal enjoyment but a terrible investment.