Longer shooting sessions speaks loudly to the 17 fireball. Feeding great from the mag speaks equally loud to the CZ 527 action to me.

I picked up a lightly used CZ527 that was originally a 17 rem. Owner had Bob green re-chamber the rifle to 17 FB. while the rifle shot great and fed OK from the 17 Rem magazine. I ended up springing for the 221 FB mag well & 221 magazine.

Previous owner opted to settle on one 17 FB rifle an REM 700 which he had threaded for a supressor.

17 fireball cartridges load and feed great from the 221 FB mag. If you can hold out till next year I understand Whittakers is planing to offer a special run on the CZ527 in 17 FB. CZ 527 17 FB special run, would be my favorite option.

If you happen to be a 700 fan feel free to ask me about a couple REM 700's in 17 FB that may be for sale. Most of the gunsmiths I have seen comment on 700 mag mods seem to encourage a guy to find a REM 700 originally set up for 17 or 221 FB.

Guys seem to fall into one of two categories with the CZ's either you love them or hate them. The CZ surly has grown on me.

Last edited by Hunterapp; 09/12/15.

love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control

& Proverbs 21:19