The Zamberlan Ibex GT Pros are an incredible hunting boot for keeping your feet dry. They are the best boots that I have worked with for this in my life. I probably walked more than a mile with my pack in a moulin down the glacier this past and the inside of my boots didn't get a bit damp. I know that I am only 46 but I buy a good pair of mountain hunting boots every year whether I need them or not. (German Meindls from AB Brooks/Hoffman boot company, Hanwag GTX Trappers, Kennetrek Extreme 400s, Lowa Tibets, Lowa Sheep hunters, Cabela's Meindl Denali Hunters(before they got cheaper), and now Zamberlans. Boots are your very most important piece of gear-bar none. The Zamberlans run north of $400.

There are $100 dollar goretex boots that will not keep your feet dry. When I see people complaining about that I just grin a little. Same folks probably have a 20K travel trailer and 20K UTV but can't see spending more than $100 for a pair of Cabela's Meindls from the bargain bin.

I use rubber bands with my rain pants rather than running with gaiters.

What Rem141r says is golden. Treat your boots, shape your boots before the pre-season, during the season and after the season. I use Oberhauf's boot conditioner that works like sno-proof. I met Oberhauf this last summer- he is a character from another time.