Now Carl Icahn is endorsing Donald Trump

Breitbart
Tom Huddleston, Jr.

The activist investor is totally on board despite once balking at Trump’s mention of him as a potential Treasury Secretary.

It took a few months, but Carl Icahn is now backing Donald Trump’s presidential bid.

The activist investor is set to publicly endorse his fellow billionaire’s campaign to ascend to the nation’s highest office. Bloomberg reports that Icahn — who supports Trump’s stances on overhauling taxation and immigration policies, as well as raising interest rates — officially announced his support for the billionaire real estate mogul and reality television star in an interview that will be published in full Tuesday.

In June, Icahn publicly balked at Trump’s suggestion of him as a potential Treasury Secretary (along with Henry Kravis and Jack Welch). At the time, Icahn said he was “extremely surprised” by Trump’s candidacy and at the mention of his own name for a cabinet position, saying that he was “flattered” but not interested. Then, last month, Icahn did an about face following the first Republican primary debate, announcing in a series of tweets that he would accept Trump’s offer of the Treasury Secretary post and adding that “we are in dire need of a breath of fresh air” when it comes to corporate leaders and elected officials.

Icahn, who had previously applauded Trump for advocating for an interest rate hike, reportedly told Bloomberg over the phone:

“I would say it’s an endorsement. I think at this moment in time, he’s the only candidate that speaks out about the country’s problems. I’m behind Trump. I disagree on certain points I don’t want to get into, I’m sure those can be worked out, but the basic thing is, you need somebody that can get things going in Congress, and I think he can do it. You need somebody that understands business, and I think he understands it.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward