Didn't see anyone else mention it or ask so I will. You say drive your truck and trailer up to Anchorage. Will you have handguns? Will be you taking the highway up through Canada? If so, you better check well ahead of your trip if the laws are still the same as when I was up in AK in '07 and '08.

Then (now still?) traveling with handguns thru Canada required permission from the Chief Law Enforcement officer of every Province you will pass through. I had intended to ferry north from Juneau and drive from Skagway up to the AlCan and then down through BC. That would have required permission from Yukon and BC. After holding on the phone for the BC folks for 40 minutes I said screw it and took the ferry back down as I had gone up and never took my vehicle on Canadian soil.

Things might have changed in the intervening years, so check before you get screwed at the last minute.

Good luck on your adventure. Even though I only experienced the warm part of AK, I think every outdoor type person should do it.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?