Whoops... yeah, knee... That is a lot of bone by any name, even the wrong one!

I had a pretty weird thing happen on the moose I just shot... the shot was only 25 yards or so but there was too much brush to hold down where I wanted to and he was in mid-shove with another bull and lots of cows around. The willows were very thick and too tall.

I decided to take the shot at the tips of the brush realizing it would definitely hit the brush tips. The bull reared up on his hind legs at the shot and fell backwards and struggled to get up. The second shot was through the shoulders, below the spine.

The weird part was the first bullet made three entrance and exit wounds! I found no copper particles either. One of the holes on each side looked like the bullet went through sideways...

I have seen lots of bullets completely stopped by brush so I knew there was a risk involved in taking the shot, but I was afraid the whole harem would explode at any second and take away all chances for a shot...

edit to add the bullets above were 168gr TTSX from a 30-06

Last edited by Sitka deer; 10/12/15.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.