A few years back I hunted w/ a friend who used a 25-06 on elk. I worked up a load for him using 117 Hornady bullets (I don't remember the powder or charge). I handed him his rifle (Ruger) back and a box of rounds, told him to check the zero.
His first shot at the elk hit below the shoulder in the upper leg, the elk stumbled and kept going. Second shot was my shot from a 300 Wby 190gr Hornady, in the ribs out behind the shoulder. Elk went down but was trying to get up. His second shot (3rd total), went in the center chest and stopped all movement. I consider this a lucky shot as the elk was writhing around on the ground and the bullet went in next to the sternum area to get the heart.

Moral of the story: Shot placement is key, practice, practice, practice!!
If you are using a borderline cal, make sure you know the rifle/load inside out!

Yes, the 25-06 will work on elk. I would use the heaviest "X" type bullet or Partition that your gun likes.
Not that wind had anything to do with the above story, but realize wind will push a slower (relatively) 25 cal bullet, more than a faster 30 cal bullet.

I have zero experience with a moose.

Some is Good---More is Better----Too Much is Just Right