E

No heartburn with your past experiences but you may want to consider what some professionals in Africa have discovered about these rifles. Perhaps things have improved?

To quote:
"I have seen Sako/Tikka rifles run strings of 2000 rounds with no cleaning except for a wipe down. The same rifles had their barrels cleaned for the first time at around 4000 rounds, at no stage was the action cleaned up until the rifles were retired at 12 000 rounds. The only failures that come to mind was the plastic magazine of the Tikka that stopped feeding. Setback on the Tikka recoil lug, a common problem with the standard aluminum recoil lug. The rifles were all fired in rapid strings of 20 to 40 shots per session, time in between strings was around 5 minutes. I ran another CRF gun next to the Sako/Tikka rifles, after 2400 rounds it failed to eject, new extractor was fitted and gave no problems after that, rifle retired at 4000 rounds. I have had a new Sako fail to eject and I have had a new CZ fail to feed."

In torture testing they did have one bad Tikka magazine. I also replaced the aluminum lug on mine with a stainless one, just in case. Wasn't expensive.

The source can be found here
http://www.africahunting.com/thread...sconceptions-the-push-feed-action.18069/