I remember back in maybe 1997 when I was guiding in Idaho, I had a hunter come into camp and ask if I would set up his GPS and show him how to work it. Hell I didn't even know what it was! I have since embraced the "Dark Side", and now use my Garmin Rino 650 every day when I'm out in the woods. In those days I always knew exactly where I was and could go cross country anywhere and find my way home. I still have a very good sense of direction, I'm not sure how it happens but I always end up coming out right where I thought I was. My brother however doesn't have that ability. A few years ago we were in the timber in a good amount of snow and had split up to cover more ground looking for mountain whitetails. We had small Motorola handheld radios, and he called asking me where he was! Of course I couldn't answer that, and he eventually found his way back. Shortly after that we did a little research and found the Garmin Rino GPS Units. Now when I push the call button it shows him on his map exactly where I am, and likewise. I no longer worry about having to find him. The biggest thing is to always take the time to turn that thing on first thing at the rig and set that waypoint unless it's already there. I love the Rino. We started out with the old 530's and have since upgraded to the touchscreen 650's. It is so nice with the OnXmaps chip to be able to see right where I am.