Originally Posted by 338WIN
Can't agree with the no GPS. Agree you have to have map and compass and know how to use them.

But, I've been in new locations with my friends and they have been so far off in where they thought we were it would have been bad in an emergency.

The GPS is always right. I never thought I would need anything more complicated than a location from a gps. BUT the ability to add to intelligence wheCan't agree with the no GPS. Agree you have to have map and compass and know how to use them.

But, I've been in new locations with my friends and they have been so far off in where they thought we were it would have been bad in an emergency.

The GPS is always right. I never thought I would need anything more complicated than a location from a gps to verify on my map. BUT the ability to add to intelligence when hunting and orienteering is changing the game. And they are only getting better!

Lewis and Clark used a compass to make a pretty good map. But they took every opportunity to use a sextant to fix their location according to celestial elements because they were more accurate.

Same concepts, just 200 years of technolgy advancing.

I agree... I know what a cubit is too, but that doesn't mean I'm going to use it over a tape measure or laser range finder... wink I saw a little compass watch the other day and thought of Brad... laugh

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA