Originally Posted by Kevin_T
(Speaking as a manufacturer / Designer)
A larger Talon / or smallish pack in the 2k - 3k range with long fabric side pockets. IT IS IN THE WORKS. What I need from you, is some feedback , and likely not everyone's desires will be met, but we hope to achieve a very good balance and you can help. What is most important to you ? Usability and Access, or Protection from the elements ?

Usability and accessibility are more important to me than protection from the elements because I hunt in a dry environment.

Originally Posted by Kevin_T
Larger Day Pack
Would you prefer a solid roll top design / top loader , or more access like a full length side zipper with cleaner lines ? A roll top / top loader in a smaller / mid size form factor will not look as clean, where a full length side zipper (for instance ) can look very clean. The Roll top gives better weather protection , where the side zip can give good but not submersion weather protection.
Side pockets to fit a tripod and spotter ? Anything else ? Small lid or stash pocket ?

As above, accessibility is more important to me so I'd prefer a side zipper over a roll top if they both can't be done on a large day pack. I currently have a 6300 CI bag with roll top and side zipper and like that combination. Yes on the lid as I've always liked them on the packs I've used that had them. I've also found a small mesh zippered pocket handy for stashing keys and other small items that can be swallowed up in the pack.

Hope that helps.