Originally Posted by Wrongside
Originally Posted by Brad
My biggest complaint is the wrap-around hipbelt... if you could offer the option of a beefy fixed lumbar pad with a pass-behind belt that would be great. More load stability.

Funny you mention that. It certainly goes to show how much about packs is personal preference and build, much like boots I guess. One of my favourite features of the packs is the hip belt and suspension. I've never had a pack that carries as well heavy, or 'stays put' on my body under load, like my Evolution does.

It's got to be partially dependent on a person's build and how a guy loads up/adjusts a pack? Some guys love the lumbar pads, others prefer the full wrap... Just interesting to me... smile

Kinda where I am. The wrap around belt just flat out works for me. Now I don't carry 100 lb. loads but have a little experience with a loaded Dana Designs Terraplane. As good a pack as that is, with a great track record, it doesn't ride on me like the Paradox does. I've tried some Kelty's, Eberlestocks, the DD, nothing feels like the Paradox.
I'm largely content with mine. Glad the Talons are still available in blaze.

I know this is small but I do wish there was some way to reasonably attach a sheath knife or holster to a hip belt. If there is, I haven't found it and have mostly come to the conclusion I'll have to make some Kydex contraption for that purpose. As it is, I have a sheath knife hanging from a strap around the shoulder strap.

Gloria In Excelsis Deo!

Originally Posted by Calvin
As far as gear goes.. The poorer (or cheaper) you are, the tougher you need to be.

gpopecustomknives.com