Originally Posted by MontanaMan
You likely won't find a more accurate rifle than what you would get from Christensen.

I don't own any of their rifles but I do own one of their 1911's & it's a work of functional art & I've shot a couple of their AR's too which are great..........just can't justify the price.

They really know & understand how to use composites.

I don't like the magazine hanging out on their bolt guns & I'd double check that their rifle is really a 338 Win & not really a 338 Lapua.

For sure the Dakota will be a good rifle & it will surely be easier to sell if that means anything to you; getting rid of the Christensen will be difficult simply because of its relative obscurity & low demand level.

I seriously doubt that the Dakota would ever be fully the equal of the Christensen in the absolute accuracy department though, but still, likely good enough.

I did own a Dakota 76 & it was a great gun in all respects.

Prolly not too much help, but it's all I've got.

MM

This has not been my experience at all. Not knocking Montanaman, he has just had a way different experience than several of my buddies and I. Christensen seems pretty popular at all the gun stores around here, but never see anyone actually using one. I will admit I have never owned one, but that's because I had about 5-6 associates buy them and let me shoot them. Let's just say I have never had any desire to own any of those I have shot or seen shot.

As far as Dakota goes I haven't used any that were made since Remington bought them, so wont comment, other than to say I remember hearing that the difference in the Cabela's model was it had a floorplate while the normal model 97 was an ADL style.