As some of the comments imply, comparing the Christensen and Dakota rifles is like comparing apples and tomatoes. Each seems to be well suited for their owners' intent, but they are usually acquired by very different shooters.

Simply as an example based on my own experience, I picked up a plain Christensen Carbon Extreme in 300 WSM about 10 years ago. The light weight of the rifle fit the cartridge well and gives me a very handy rifle that is easy to carry and whose stock design fits my shooting style.

Of the several 300 WSMs I've shot, this one is by far the most accurate and consistent. I'm not a long range shooter, but out to 300 yds. this rifle keeps 3 of my hand loaded Nosler 180 gn PPTs well inside 1 MOA consistently year after year.

My Christensen has turned out to be what I wanted - a hunting rifle that's delivered on every trip I've taken it on. It's taken game from 40 to 1500+ lbs. with those loads. It's my go to 30 caliber rifle when heavier soft skinned game is the intended target.

I've only had one Dakota, a 330, but wound up trading it. Unquestionably it was a magnificently finished, wood stocked rifle but I never seemed to pull it out of the safe and I finally realized I wouldn't hunt with it.

I'm not a big 338 Win Mag fan because when I decide I need a medium-class cartridge I tend to pick a larger caliber. Because I think of mediums as working rifles, the few times I decide to use one I choose an old 338 RUM SS, fiberglass stocked rifle that's had a bit of work done and works well enough for my uses.

Just my 2 cents, hope this helps.

Last edited by Wildcatter264; 11/25/15.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty of give me death! P. Henry

Deus vult!

Rhodesians all now