It is heresy to many but it would likely be any of my pre-64 Winchester M-70s. One 308, two 30/06, and one 300 H&H. One of the 30/06s would be the first to go as the stock had been shortened a bit to add a recoil pad and, more importantly, it does not like to put bullets close to each other. I keep it as I want to figure out what its problem is and as it was meant as a project gun these issues are not a big deal.

The H&H would be the last to go, there is a little sentimental feelings towards it. I would probably send off the other two 300 mags I have before this one but that is not a sure thing.

Failing that, the Howa 1500 Lightning in 7mm/08 I recently picked up is the next potential victim. It has a 20" barrel and was meant to replace a Savage 16 in the same caliber but plans may be changing. The short barrel has quite a bit of muzzle flash with my current handloads and even factory Remington loads throw enough flash to be seen through the scope. Accuracy is also not what I would like, it will toss two of three bullets close together but the third may end up a couple inches over. And it is not predictable which bullet will move nor in which direction though each individual load tends to go in a particular direction- just not the same.