Originally Posted by Uglydog2
It is heresy to many but it would likely be any of my pre-64 Winchester M-70s. One 308, two 30/06, and one 300 H&H. One of the 30/06s would be the first to go as the stock had been shortened a bit to add a recoil pad and, more importantly, it does not like to put bullets close to each other. I keep it as I want to figure out what its problem is and as it was meant as a project gun these issues are not a big deal.

The H&H would be the last to go, there is a little sentimental feelings towards it. I would probably send off the other two 300 mags I have before this one but that is not a sure thing.

Failing that, the Howa 1500 Lightning in 7mm/08 I recently picked up is the next potential victim. It has a 20" barrel and was meant to replace a Savage 16 in the same caliber but plans may be changing. The short barrel has quite a bit of muzzle flash with my current handloads and even factory Remington loads throw enough flash to be seen through the scope. Accuracy is also not what I would like, it will toss two of three bullets close together but the third may end up a couple inches over. And it is not predictable which bullet will move nor in which direction though each individual load tends to go in a particular direction- just not the same.

Your 300 H&H sounds like a real POS. Post up some pics in the Winchester collectors forum and I'd probably gladly take it off your hands for the right price... Sounds like it's probably only worth $500.00 at best...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA