Don't have any rifles that I don't like.....those go away pretty fast. However there are a few that aren't as well liked as others.

Probably my least "favorite" rifle is a Ruger 77/22. It looks good, handles well and shoots pretty well keeping 5 shots inside 3/4" at 25 yards. However it is NOT as accurate as my 10/22 that has been my main squirrel rifle for more than 40 years. The 10/22 will keep 5 shots in under a half-inch at 25 yards, handles and looks just as good as the 77/22 and the semi-auto action is a definite advantage at times when multiple squirrels are scampering around a tree-top. I still like the 77/22 but if I ever decided to get rid of one of my rimfire rifles, this would be the one to go.

As far as centerfire rifles one of my least favorites is a Savage 99EG in .300 Savage chambering. I LOVE the Savage 99....any Savage 99....and the .300 is the "classic" 99. The EG is the most common 99 so it is not a valuable collector rifle. The problem is the .300 Savage chambering. It is a fine deer round, but I also own a 99F in .308, an EG in .358, and an EG in .250-3000. Those rifles are the ones that get all the use and the .300 just sits in the gun room.

The .300 will likely stay as it is the "classic" 99, but another 99 will almost certainly go. It is a post-million 99F chambered in .243. I dislike the .243 chambering and I dislike the post-mil, tang safety 99's even more. Since I obtained a pre-mil 99F in .243 this gun is definitely at the bottom of my list of "favorite" rifles. This gun would probably be gone already except for the fact that I have a herd of grandchildren who are coming of deer hunting age. The .243's are for their use. If I find another reasonably priced 99 in .250-3000......the .243 will be gone with the wind.

The only other rifle I own that I don't like that well is a custom .270 in a Smith & Wesson 1500 action (same action as the Weatherby Vangaurd and Howa). This rifle looks great and shoot well (3/4" groups at 100 yards). It handles well and fits me like a glove but I am not a real fan of the 1500 action nor the .270 chambering. Both work just fine, but I much prefer something like the '98 Mauser action and there are multiple rounds I'd prefer over the .270 (although it is a fine round).

However, this rifle will likely never leave as it has personal value to me. When my father was alive he and I built a number of "custom" rifles. Usually he would do the metal work and action work and I would do the wood work. When he died at age 52 of a sudden heart attack this rifle was in the process of being built. He had completed the metal work and I had carved and fit the stock. After his death I completed the stock finishing and checkering and used this rifle to take a half-dozen deer. This was the last rifle we built together and I believe it will still be in my gun room when I die.

Last edited by TexasRick; 11/26/15.

I hate change, it's never for the better.... Grumpy Old Men
The more I learn, the more I realize how little I know