Yep

Just today, again, had a fat couple ahead of me using food debit card to buy stuff ( chips, cola, pastries, some kind of food schit. ) then went and bought 50 dollars of lotto tickets

Their two kids were fat and both had smart phones

Poor starving merikans

Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
I don't think the concept of "shrinking middle class" holds much water.

The American populace is the wealthiest the world has ever known. And that includes those living under the .Gov defined poverty line.

My Grandparents worked 16 hour days, six days a week scratching a living out of the dirt on eighty acres to keep their family of eight fed, clothed and warm. The entire family in a two bedroom cinder block home built by their own hands.

They had running water and an inside toilet, and so were considered upper middle class in these parts.

Today a person earns less than what the gov't calls poverty. But they have never cut a stick of firewood in their life, have never shoveled taters out of the dirt for their kids dinner.

They work 25 to 40 hours a week, get a nine thousand dollar tax refund check, gov't assistance with heat bills, groceries, and rent.

They spend 100 hours a week in front of the TV, gaming system, or computer. They carry a six hundred dollar smart phone around and pay $150-$300/month phone bill. And if they have ever missed a meal in their life.......it is only because their drug/alcohol habit took precedence over eating.

And they call them self poor. And WORSE, Obama calls them poor.

When the inevitable collapse of our artificially inflated economic system does occur. A BUNCH of folks are going to find out just exactly what the definition of poor is.