Originally Posted by Jeremybj
Hello to everyone,

I am at a point where I am trying to decide my best move, here is my current situation.

I am bombing around in my 2008 Silverado with 95000 miles on it. Its an extended cab with a topper. This is the only vehicle I own and it has been good so far.

I want to get rid of the truck before it is worth nothing, so I think it might be time to upgrade to a brand new 2015 F150.

I am a hunter and an average middle class worker, I live in eastern South Dakota so I pull decoy trailers for waterfowling, boats in the summer for fishing, and a whole lot of [bleep] when I go to Montana, Wyoming, and western South Dakota.

My question to you guys with new vehicles, do you find yourself saying oops a lot when you are out hunting as far as paint scrapes, scratches, dents, all kinds of crap like that or do they weather things pretty well?

I am going to go white, silver, or gray if I pull the trigger on a new truck, so I'm not doing anything crazy dark.

Any advice would be helpful as this would be my vehicle for as many as 10 years to come.

Its really down to you?

If you put a long scratch down the side of a 6 month old truck would you be gutted?

Would you avoid certain areas save beating up your truck because of how much its worth? Or because that you can't afford to damage it as you need it as a daily drive?

If you answer those "yes" maybe a new hunting truck is not such a good idea for you...

Whats the possibility of keeping your present truck for hunting and getting another, newer vehicle as a daily drive???