Originally Posted by seal_billy
I just never could do it. I bought a new Silverado in 09. First new truck i have ever owned. I take care of all my stuff and couldn't bring myself to take my truck into some of the places I hunt. I have a jeep wrangler and it doesn't bother me at all to take it where ever I need to go. I work hard for my money and my health insurance is very expensive so the value of a dollar or my labor equivalent to a dollar keeps me from driving my truck into those skinny tree lined rutted out rocky muddy two tracks. Why drive a truck that is like new into that mess when you could just buy a beater and go where you want without kringing.

That's me, you may differ.

This^^^

My 2007 Tundra has about 87k on it and aside from a few Michigan pinstripes that need to be buffed out, it's in very clean shape. Even to the point where I get compliments on it. Even though it's now 9 years old, I try to keep it out of places that are just going to damage it. It still has a pretty decent resale value and to abuse it is like cutting the bottom out of my pockets and losing money.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile