I'm picking up my new truck when I get back from my current work trip on the 30th. It's going to get used extensively for hunting, I'm getting rid of the 2006 jeep liberty diesel that's been my hunting vehicle the last few years. New truck is a '16 silver Tundra 4x4 double cab. I don't know if it's really a sound financial decision, but the jeep is starting to cause problems and it's got 93K miles on it. It's going to need a timing belt at 100K to the tune of $1500 that I don't want to spring for (I'm never buying another vehicle with a timing belt, dumbest invention ever!), plus it's got several other problems related to piss poor jeep quality that I don't want to deal with. I figure I can still sell it for something before it hits 100K miles, after that it's value goes down considerably. The writing's on the wall that it's eventually going to become a shop queen and I just don't want to deal with constantly working on vehicles at this point in my life. When I want to go hunting I want to jump in the truck and go, not having to worry about it making it there.

I sold some timber a month ago and got a better return than I was expecting so that factored in my decision to buy the new truck instead of keep nursing the jeep. I know the first scratches and dents on it are going to break my heart but that's life. Bed rug and husky floor mats are already ordered. Line-x and brush guard for the front are soon to come. Only you can decide if it's worth it to buy a new vehicle. If you can afford it without burden then I'd say go for it. I reached a point where I got tired of dealing with the jeep's problems so it's time for it to go.