Originally Posted by lubbockdave

been on leases where certain animals were given a "pass" for the season-everyone agreed not to take them, only to have guys at the end of the season knock said animals down.

I've only been involved with one, have been a member since 2009.
Have seen all the things you mentioned and more, but the one I quoted is the only one that really gives me heartburn.

As for the sharing information, it has been a long, slow process
establishing some level of trust. We still don't tell all, at least immediately, but that is fine with me. I'd as soon not know what they saw, so if I decide to go hunt that area and happen to kill what they were watching, there at least SHOULD be no hard feelings.

It does seem to bring out the worst in a lot of folks, but it makes you appreciate the ones who rise to the occasion and are truly good sports.

Not sure how common this sort of arrangement is, but we have around 25-30 members most years and a communal camp house -
kitchen, common area, bedrooms with 4 bunks per.
Been there since 1949, some 4th and even 5th generations hunting. Great place to hunt with your kids or grandkids,
my two learned to hunt there.

Worried about it though,
our lease prices have went through the roof, and internal squabbling has hurt our ability to keep enough members...
Afraid I'm gonna get priced out of it.